As the days and nights get colder it's tempting to reach for warm foods that give your comfort but may not be nutritionally beneficial. Nutrition is an integral part of recovery from injury and pain as well as supporting a healthy happy lifestyle.
You really want your food intake to be doing the following:
1. Reducing inflammation in your gut and in your body overall. Inflammation stresses your immune system which means healing and recovery are compromised. You want to promote healing and recovery by reducing inflammation.
2. Nourishing your body with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals for healing and recovery and for all the vital processes for a healthy, happy functioning body.
3. Fuelling your adventures or your rehabilitation is that's where you are currently at! Whatever your life is filled with you want your food intake to support you so you have the energy to enjoy it.
A quick and easy way to fulfil all these criteria and even take with you on your adventures is with this incredible rich hot chocolate drink. It's loaded with anti-inflammatory foods such as coconut cream and super antioxidant rich cocoa powder containing maca and cacao as well as plenty of vitamin E from the fresh almond milk. I drink it as a bedtime warmer when I make my hot water bottle at night.
Rich Hot Chococo
* 1 cup fresh pressed almond milk
* tablespoon coconut cream
* 1-2 tablespoons Of The Earth Superfoods Hot Chocolate powder
* Stevia to taste
Place the almond milk in a saucepan on the stove and heat gently so as not to burn it. Place the almond milk and all the ingredients in a blender and whizz up. Drink with joy and let the nutrients heal you!